Children’s Meriwether Lewis Explorer Costume
Children’s Meriwether Lewis Explorer Costume
Our Meriwether Lewis costume can help you bring the famous explorer to life at your next historical event or school play. The costume, complete with clothing and accessories that are accurate to the colonial period, will transport you back in time and allow you to step into the shoes of this legendary American figure.
⭐The Base Costume includes:
1. Colonial hunting frock coat: This is a wrap-style jacket made of a superior poly-cotton blend suede-like fabric and accented with contrasting brown fringe detail for added style. The coat is reminiscent of the hunting coats worn during the colonial period.
2. Colonial hunting trousers: Made of a poly-cotton blend suede-like fabric with an adjustable waist that expands 2-3 inches when stretched and is unhemmed to accommodate various pant lengths.
3. Waist Belt: Designed to be tied in front, keeping the hunting jacket securely in place
⭐Bundle Option (in addition to items in Base Costume):
4. Possible bag: This bag is equipped with a shoulder strap and offers ample storage for all the essentials a mountain man requires at their fingertips.
5. Black boot tops: These are boot covers that can be worn over shoes to give the appearance of knee-high boots. They are made of vinyl fabric and have elastic bands to hold them in place.
6. Colonial tricorn hat with white trim: This is a three-cornered hat that was commonly worn during the American Revolutionary War. It is made of a durable fabric and features white trim around the edges. The hat has a wide brim that can be worn up or down, depending on the wearer's preference. We include a foam hat spacer for size adjustment.
7. Red waist sash: This sash is worn around the waist and is made of satin fabric.
⭐Value Bundle Option (in addition to items in Bundle Option):
8. Powder horn: Container used to hold gunpowder in the days of black powder firearms.
9. Non-firing Kentucky long rifle: A muzzle-loading firearm with a flintlock mechanism used for hunting and warfare; it was one of the first commonly used rifles during the colonial period.
This costume will help you make an impact and bring the history of the Lewis & Clark Expedition to life.
- Materials: Cotton, Metal Button
When will my order arrive?
For more information, please refer to our Shipping & Delivery Guide
How do I complete a return?
For more information, please refer to our Exchange/Return Policy at Heritage Costumes
What size should I order?
"Selecting the right size is crucial when ordering our garments. Please refer to the size chart provided for each individual item, as it is tailored to the specific measurements of that item. You can find the size chart as a photo in the product listing or on a separate informational page. Please follow the measurement instructions provided on the size chart.
Our garments do not follow standard modern-day sizing because they are created based on patterns from specific historical periods. The measurements we provide on the size chart represent the dimensions of the garment itself, not body measurements.
If you're unsure about your size, measure a similar, NON-STRETCH garment you already own and love. Compare its measurements to the ones on our size chart to ensure you choose the right fit."
Please consult the product listing for detailed information. We make every effort to provide as much information as possible, including sizing, fabric types, and garment care instructions in each listing.
What is included with each product?
Each of our product listings provides a detailed description of what is included with the item. Please refer to the product description to see what comes with each item, whether the base costume, bundle options, or value bundle options.
Ordering and Payment:
We accept the following.
Heritage Costumes Inc.
1423 Marcelina Ave.
Torrance, CA. 90501
Do you have a physical store?
Yes, we do have a physical warehouse, but it is not open to the public as it is primarily used for the construction of our garments and the shipping of our online orders. However, if you are in the local area, you can arrange for a pickup of orders placed online. Please email us in advance so we can provide you with an exact pick-up window.
How do I request a custom costume?
At this time, we are unable to accommodate custom orders. We are fully committed to constructing and fulfilling our existing online orders. We appreciate your understanding.
Customer Service Hours are Monday thru Friday 10 am until 4:30 pm PST. Messages received after these times will be answered the following business day.